Wednesday 22 February 2012

The good, the bad, and the late.

So, by way of introduction, I've been blogging intermittently for years, having started another blog, Musings of an exile, whilst working away in Scandinavia. It was basically a diary of what I was doing, with a few book reviews thrown in. Since I got back, I have blogged about theatre that I have seen, and any observational things that got me going. Decided that I could do with a more regular outlet, and this blog is it... why Pennine Invader? Well, I live in Sale, Cheshire, but I arrived in Manchester 8 years ago, as a graduate from York, so I really have invaded from the 'wrong side'. I'm orininally a southerner as well, so basically have few redeeming features!

Last night, I visited Pizza Express in Didsbury.. I'm a regular visitor to this chain... but a few weeks ago, I took my friends out for a meal to the Didsbury branch, where we had a less than satisfactory meal.. poor service, mains brought before starters... a general lack of care. So I complained to the manager, Ben, and he kindly invited me and the good lady back for a complimentary meal. So, last night, headed down there, and was very well fed and looked after... had a great pizza, a lovely bottle of Pinot Grigio, and, for once, a very well made latte. All good - confidence in Pizza Express restored.

What of the late though, I hear you ask... well, in order to get to Didsbury, I made the mistake of trying to use public transport... now, I'm never a big fan of buses, but as it happens, there is a direct route from almost outside my house, to West Didsbury, so it should have been straightforward. I left the house about 5 minutes before the bus was due, and stood at the bus stop, in the rain ( it was that fine rain, the stuff that Peter Kay describes as "getting you really wet" ). For 35 minutes. In that time, according to the timetable, 3 buses should have come past, but none did. not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment